Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trip to Arizona !!

We got to spend 3 weeks in AZ for the holiday season. The time flew by so fast. We were so busy with all the family events we didn't have much time to rest but we had so much fun. We were so lucky to even make it to Arizona. Wesley, Brad, and I flew out first, during Orrin's finals week so that we could give Orrin time to study and to get more time in AZ. Because of a change in the flight by the airlines we almost didn't make it to the airport in time. Lucky we found out in time (1 hour before flight was to leave and still at home). We were also lucky that we were all packed and the flight was delayed 20 mins. I was able to fly through security by asking people to let me cut in line. I just started throwing things through the scanner. I am sure everyone thought I was crazy. I was so stressed already flying by my self with both kids, Bradley being so young, and with the flight being changed made it even more stressful. We made it right as everyone started boarding. I am sure that Heavenly Father made everything fall into place for us to make it home to AZ. I am pretty sure if we missed that flight we wouldn't have been able to leave Portland at all because of the huge snow storm that hit right after we left. It doesn't normally snow that much in Portland so the city and airport were not that prepared. It was also a miracle that Orrin made it out. His flight was delayed 3 hours because they were waiting on a machine to de-ice the plane. After he took off they canceled all flights out of Portland. We were so blessed to make it home for the Holidays.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow! It is so amazing that everything worked out for your flight and for Orrin's flight. How was is traveling with the boys alone? When I flew with my boys I was lucky that there were helpful people willing to carry our bags on the plane and lift them into the overhead bins.