Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I know I can be crazy sometimes

I am the first to admit that sometimes I get something in my mind and I will not stop until I figure out how to make it happen. A little obsessive?? Maybe. I am thankful that my husband has learned to just let me be. So with my latest episode, I was looking online and found a felt pay house that I thought Bradley and Wes would love to play in. They sell them on etsy for around $150 so I decided, 5 days before Brad's 1st birthday, to make one for his birthday. It was a little crazy on my part to try to get it done in 5 days but I did (with lots of help from my hubby). It was really fun and only $30 to make. I still have to make the apples/pears/cherries that will go on the tree and a few other things but I got it pretty much done by his birthday. I love how much fun Brad and Wes have together playing in it.




(the fire place and picture frame are on the inside)


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! That turned out really nice. Way to go. I get the same way about things - most recently was the fabric high chair, which is done and looking quite good. It is good to be a little crazy, at least sometimes.

shirley elizabeth said...

Wow Christi you made that? That is so cool! What's the framing that's holding it up?